High-level Ministerial Meeting on Humanitarian Situation in Afghanistan
United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres will convene a High-level Ministerial Meeting on the Humanitarian Situation in Afghanistan
The meeting will highlight the acute needs in the country and will underscore the urgent funding support and actions required by international partners to support the Afghan people during their time of need. - AGENDA (tentative)
· · Opening remarks from UNSG António Guterres
· · Remarks by USG/ERC Martin Griffiths
· · Remarks by UNICEF ED Henrietta Fore
· · Remarks by WFP ED David Beasley
· · Remarks by UNFPA ED Natalia Kanem
· · Remarks by ICRC President Peter Maurer
· · Moderator: USG Melissa Fleming
- Interventions from the Floor: 3:30 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.
- Closing Remarks by UNSG António Guterres 4:55 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- End of Meeting
- Press Conference 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.