Opening Ceremony - International Year of Glass 2022
Celebrating the past, present and future of glass for a sustainable, equitable and better tomorrow!
08:30 Opening Ceremony
- H.E. Mr. Agustín Santos Maraver, Spanish Ambassador for the UN Spanish Mission in NY
- H.E. Mr. Sadık Arslan, Permanent Representative of Turkey to UNOG
- H.E. Mr. Ahmed Ihab Abdelahad Gamaleldin, Minister Plenipotentiary, Deputy Permanent Representative of Egypt to UNOG
- Mr. Shen Yanjie, Science and Technology Counsellor, Permanent Mission of China in Geneva
- Ms. Alicia Durán, Chair of the IYOG 2022
9:40 Coffee break
A historic event for the glass industry
A 2-day opening event will take place at the Palace of Nations in Geneva and will also be streamed live online. Featuring 30 world-class speakers, talks will highlight the latest thinking on how Glass can aid the development of more just and sustainable societies alongside the most recent scientific and technical breakthroughs.