Twenty-third Annual Conference of the High Contracting Parties to Amended Protocol II to the Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May Be Deemed to Be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects
Agenda Item 1 - Opening of the Conference
Agenda Items 2-6 - Procedural issues
2. The following procedural issues will be addressed:
- Agenda item 2 – Confirmation of the nomination of the President and other officers
- Agenda item 3 - Adoption of the agenda
- Agenda item 4 - Confirmation of the rules of procedure
- Agenda item 5 - Appointment of the Secretary-General of the Conference
- Agenda item 6 - Organization of work including that of any subsidiary bodies of the
Agenda Item 7 - General exchange of views
3. High Contracting Parties are encouraged to provide updates on their efforts to implement
Amended Protocol II.
Agenda Item 10 – Improvised Explosive Devices
4. The Coordinator Colonel Pascal Levant of France and the Co-Coordinator, Ms. Diana
Esperanza Castillo Castro of Colombia, will report on the work carried out on Improvised
Explosive Devices in the framework of the Group of Experts.
5. The Coordinator and Co-Coordinator will present the proposed mandate on IEDs of the
Group of Experts for 2022.
6. The Conference will consider the revised questionnaire on IED.
7. The Conference will consider the updated text on the Declaration on Improvised Explosive
Devices for submission to the Sixth Review Conference.