Geneva Press Briefing: WFP, UNICEF, ICRC, WHO
Biweekly Geneva Press Briefing Chaired by Alessandra Vellucci, Director of the United Nations Information Service in Geneva
· WHO Margaret Harris (Zoom)
· Joint Action Plan
· World Health Summit starting on Sunday in Berlin
UNIS on behalf of FAO
UNIS on behalf of ITU
· WFP Isheeta Sumra (from Rome) with Jean-Martin Bauer, WFP's Country Director in Haiti (from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)
· Rising food and fuel prices have led to growing civil unrest in Haiti. Fresh data illustrates worrying trends in food insecurity.
· ICRC Ewan Watson, Head of Media at the ICRC (Zoom)
· Situation regarding Prisoners of War in the Ukraine-Russia international armed conflict.
15 October International Day of Rural Women
16 October World Food Day
17 October International Day for the Eradication of Poverty