Colombia's peace process continues to serve as a positive example of the possibility of resolving armed conflict through dialogue. The meeting offers an opportunity for the Commission to discuss with the President of Colombia, along with other participants, the state of peace consolidation and to identify key aspects for the success of the full implementation of the Agreement and overcoming the challenges ahead.
PBC members will also build on discussions from the previous meetings (January 2020 in Cartagena and November 2021) to share good practices on financing and partnerships to ensure continued support to the Agreement.
- Opening remarks by H.E. Ms. Rabab Fatima, Chair of the PBC
- Remarks by H.E. Mr. Iván Duque Márquez, President of Colombia
- Remarks by Mr. Carlos Ruiz Massieu, Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the UN Verification Mission in Colombia and Ms. Mireia Villar Forner, Resident Coordinator
- Remarks by cooperative representative, Mr. Jhan Carlos Moreno of ECOMUN Esperanza del Pueblo Multiactive Cooperative (COOMEEP)
- Remarks by Presidential Counsellor Mr. Emilio Archila
- Interventions from the floor (including from Ms. Elizabeth Spehar, ASG for Peacebuilding Support)
- Closing remarks by H.E. Ms. Rabab Fatima, Chair of the PBC