The Government of Brazil is organizing a forum for civil society in the context of Rio+20. Top representatives from civil society are expected to engage in an open and action‐oriented debate on key topics related to sustainable development.
- Mr. Fred de Sam Lazaro (United States of America) – PBS
- Dr. Boaventura de Sousa Santos (Portugal) - Professor, University of Coimbra
- Dr. Judith Sutz (Uruguay) - Professor, University of the Republic
- Ms. Lourdes Huanca Atencio (Peru) - President, National Federation of Women Rural Workers, Artisans, Indigenous and Wage Workers of Peru (Femucarinap)
- Dr. Manish Bapna (United States of America) - President, interim, World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Dr. Márcia Lopes (Brazil) - Professor, Brazilian Former Minister for Development and Fight against Hunger
- Mr. Marcos Terena (Brazil) - President, Intertribal Committee
- Dr. Pavan Sukhdev (India) - Founder and CEO, Gist Advisory Private Ltd.
- Ms. Severn Cullis-Suzuki (Canada) - Board of Directors, David Suzuki Foundation
- Mr. Victor Trucco (Argentina) – Honorary President, Argentine Association of No-Till Producers (AAPRESID)
- Dr. Yang Tuan (China) - Director, Center for Study of Social Policies, Chinese Academy for Social Sciences