Together with the Government of Japan, the UN Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (UN DPPA) developed a Virtual Reality (VR) experience on climate change in the Asia Pacific region. This documentary captures impressions of participants and comments of the organizers during the launch event for the VR experience in New York City.
In April 2022, DPPA released the VR experience "Sea of Islands" that brings viewers virtually to the Pacific islands to see the impact of the climate crisis. It encourages viewers to grasp the urgency, scale and pressing nature of climate change.
Interviewees (in order of appearance):
- Fred Sarufa, Permanent Mission of Papua New Guinea
- Martin Waehlisch, UN DPPA Innovation Cell
- Kimihiro Ishikane, Permanent Mission of Japan
- Naoko Takahashi, UN DPPA Innovation Cell
- Jeanett Vea, Permanent Mission of Tonga
- Zoe Russell, Permanent Mission of New Zealand
Produced by Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (UN DPPA), Innovation Cell.