Geneva Press Briefing: UNCTAD, HRC, OHCHR, WHO, WFP
Biweekly Geneva Press Briefing Chaired by Rhéal LeBlanc, Chief, Press and External Relations Section
- HRC Rolando Gomez (B-128)
· HRC special session on Iran
· UPR session reviews
- UNCTAD Catherine Huissoud (B-128)
· UNCTAD Report on Palestine to the UN General Assembly on 22 November at 9:30 a.m.
· UNCTAD Review of Maritime Transport 2022 on 23 November (embargo 29/11 at 6 a.m. CET)
- OHCHR Matilda Bogner (Zoom from Kiev), Head of the UN Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine
· Ukraine / Russia: Prisoners of war
- OHCHR Jeremy Laurence (B-128)
· Iran: call for immediate release of individuals detained for peaceful protest
- WHO Dr. Karen Edmond (Zoom from Geneva), Medical Officer and Pediatrician, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent & Ageing Health Department
· WHO's new guidelines to improve survival and health outcomes for babies born early (before 37 weeks of pregnancy) or small (under 2.5kg at birth).
- WFP Isheeta Sumra (Zoom from Rome), Communications Officer, Global Media, with Lola Castro, WFP Regional Director in Latin America and the Caribbean (Zoom from Rome)
· Impact of climate extremes on food security in Latin America