Twenty-third Annual Conference of the High Contracting Parties to Amended Protocol II to the Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May Be Deemed to Be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects
Agenda Item 8 - Review of the operation and status of the Protocol
8. Under this agenda item the issue of universalization will be addressed, and delegations
may wish to brief the Annual Conference on their efforts to promote the universalization of
Amended Protocol II at the regional, sub-regional and national levels.
9. In accordance with the mandate given by the High Contracting Parties at the APII Annual
Conference in 20181, the Presidency will give a presentation, in its national capacity, on Article
11 on Technological cooperation and assistance. Delegations are invited to share, on a voluntary
basis, their experiences pertaining to the implementation of the provision.
10. Delegations are also invited to address any other matters pertaining to the status and
operation of the Protocol.
Agenda Item 9 - Consideration of matters arising from reports by High Contracting Parties
according to Article 13 (4) of the amended Protocol
11. Delegations will be invited to consider matters arising from annual reports by High
Contracting Parties according to Article 13 (4) of the amended Protocol.
Agenda Item 11 - Preparation for the Sixth Review conference
10. The Twenty-Third Conference will consider a text on the review of the implementation of
Amended Protocol II for submission to the Sixth Review Conference of High Contracting Parties
to the CCW.
Agenda Item 12 - Report(s) of any subsidiary organ(s)
11. As there are currently no subsidiary organs under Amended Protocol II, there should be
no need for action under this agenda item.
Agenda item 13 - Adoption of the cost estimates for 2022
12. The Estimated Costs of the 2022 Group of Experts of the High Contracting Parties to
Amended Protocol II (CCW/AP.II/CONF.23/3) and the Estimated Costs of the 24th Conference of
the High Contracting Parties to Amended Protocol II (CCW/AP.II/CONF.23/4) will be proposed for
consideration and adoption by the High Contracting Parties.
Agenda item 14 - Other matters
13. Any other matters may be considered by High Contracting Parties under this agenda item.
Agenda item 15 - Consideration and adoption of the final document
14. The final document of the 23rd Annual Conference will be proposed for consideration and
adoption by the High Contracting Parties.