Remarks by Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization on the High-level event on ending the COVID-19 pandemic through equitable access to vaccines, tests and treatments.
- High level opening segment
- Two high level roundtables
- The first roundtable will share experiences and critical actions needed to vaccinate all at-risk populations and healthcare workers on the way to achieving the 70% coverage target.
- The second roundtable will discuss the implementation of effective national test to
treat strategies, including equitable access to new oral antiviral treatments for LMICs.
- High level closing segment: with a call to action to take forward the priority interventions identified for accelerating COVID-19 vaccination and test to treat strategies, while drawing lessons from the pandemic to implement 10 Proposals to Build a Safer World Together.