The High-level Dialogue on Energy aims to tackle the twin crises of climate change and energy poverty.
Pre-summit events with leaders from business, foundations, youth and civil society, who will announce their Energy Compact commitments and aim to expand partnerships.
- Themes 2, 4 & 5: Finance, Energy Transition and Data, Innovation and Technology
The High-level Dialogue on Energy aims to tackle the twin crises of climate change and energy poverty — to accelerate action towards clean, affordable energy for all that will reduce emissions and provide energy to the 759 million people who presently lack access to electricity and the 2.6 billion who cook with unhealthy fuels.
In addition, the Dialogue aims to:
- Raise ambition towards the achievement of the SDG 7 targets by catalysing innovative solutions, investments, multi-stakeholder partnerships and political commitments;
- Catalyze finance, investment, innovation, new technologies, capacity building and quality data for SDG 7 acceleration, including maximizing its contribution to combating climate change;
- Strengthen synergies with major intergovernmental processes, including on transport, oceans, biodiversity, gender equality, food systems and climate change;
- Accelerate delivery of United Nations support and services for Member States on energy-related issues at all levels.