17th plenary meeting - Commission on the Status of Women, Sixty-seventh session (CSW67) 1) Action and closing of CSW67. 2) Opening of CSW68
Broadcasting UN Entity
The sixty-seventh session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place from 6 to 17 March 2023 under the theme "Innovation and technological change, and education in the digital age for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls". Review theme: Challenges and opportunities in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls.
- Follow-up to the Economic and Social Council resolutions and decisions (Item 5) - introduction and discussion
- Introduction of draft proposals: Action on draft proposals. Action on draft agreed conclusions. Action on any other outstanding issues:
- Provisional agenda for the 68th session of CSW (Item 6)
- Adoption of the report of the CSW on its 67th session (Item 7)
- Closure of the 67th session
- Opening of 68th session: Election of Bureau
The Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. A functional commission of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), it was established by Council resolution 11(II) of 21 June 1946.
The CSW is instrumental in promoting women's rights, documenting the reality of women's lives throughout the world, and shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women.