Multi-stakeholder partnerships will play a key role in the implementation of the new development agenda beyond 2015.
Multi-stakeholder partnerships will play a key role in the implementation of the new development agenda beyond 2015. The engagement of civil society, business, philanthropy, academia and others will be vital for advancing the deliverability of resources and enhancing the effectiveness of current and future development efforts.
Opening statement by His Excellency Martin Sajdik (Austria), President of the Economic and Social Council
Dialogue I on "Aligning partnerships with the Post-2015 Development Agenda: how
should it be done and where could they be reviewed?"
Moderator: Mr. Michael Shank, Director of Media Strategy, Climate Nexus
- Mr. Klaus Leisinger, Founder and President, Global Values Alliance Foundation
- Mr. Charles Badenoch, Vice-President for Global Advocacy, World Vision
- Ms. Hesphina Rukato, Founding Director, Centre for African Development Solutions (via video link)
Dialogue II on "Partnership models that work: monitoring and review in action"
Moderator: Mr. Raj Kumar, Co-Founder and President, Devex
- Ms. Kathy Calvin, President and Chief Executive Officer, United Nations Foundation
- Mr. Kandeh Yumkella, Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Chief Executive, Sustainable Energy for All Initiative
- Mr. Gary J. Lawrence, Vice-President and Chief Sustainability Officer, AECOM Technology Corporation
- Mr. Michael McGovern, Rotary Foundation Vice-Chair and Chair, Rotary International PolioPlus Committee
- Mr. Martin Hiller, Director-General, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership
Closing remarks by His Excellency Martin Sajdik (Austria), President of the Economic and Social Council