High-level event on Community Clinic and Universal Health Coverage
Broadcasting UN Entity
As the world now stands at the midpoint of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), it is crucial for the global health community to leverage successful practices like the community clinic model to accelerate the attainment of Universal Health Coverage by 2030.
Objective of the Event:
- Enhancing awareness about the critical role being played by community clinics in achieving Universal Health Coverage in Bangladesh and other countries;
- Identification and dissemination of best practices, innovations and lessonslearned with community-based primary health care models from different parts of the world;
- Exchanging views on the resource and technology gaps in implementing and expanding community-based health care, especially in the Global South;
- Suggesting pathways for community-based health care systems to cater to underserved groups and for optimizing the community-centric networks to respond to future health emergencies;
- Building international opinion and partnership to strengthen support and technical assistance for scaling up mental health care initiatives and disability-responsive interventions through community-based health care systems.