Secretary-General's Food Systems Summit
In 2021, UN Secretary-General António Guterres will convene a Food Systems Summit as part of the Decade of Action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
The Summit will launch bold new actions to deliver progress on all 17 SDGs, each of which relies to some degree on healthier, more sustainable and equitable food systems.
The Summit will awaken the world to the fact that we all must work together to transform the way the world produces, consumes and thinks about food. It is a summit for everyone everywhere – a people’s summit. It is also a solutions summit that will require everyone to take action to transform the world’s food systems.
Guided by five Action Tracks, the Summit will bring together key players from the worlds of science, business, policy, healthcare and academia, as well as farmers, indigenous people, youth organizations, consumer groups, environmental activists, and other key stakeholders. Before, during and after the Summit, these actors will come together to bring about tangible, positive changes to the world’s food systems.
- 09:00 – 11:00 The People’s Plenary – Accelerating Action for the Future We Want
- 11:00 – 11:30 Break
- 11:30 – 12:30 Official Opening – Coming Through on Action for People, Planet, and Prosperity
- 12:30 – 12:55 Press Conference with the UN Deputy Secretary-General
- 13:00 – 14:45 Leader Statements, Multi-Stakeholder Commitments, and Constituency Voices
- 15:00 – 16:45 Leader Statements, Multi-Stakeholder Commitments, and Constituency Voices
- 17:00 – 18:00 Carrying Forward the Vision and Momentum for 2030
- 18:00 – 20:00 Leader Statements
- 20:00 – 22:00 Leader Statements