The COVID-19 pandemic is not over. The virus is continuing to inflict a significant loss of lives and livelihoods, hampering the global economic recovery. This event aims to take stock of the global roll out of COVID-19 vaccines, diagnostics and treatments, identify priority areas to accelerate equitable access, and mobilize additional political support to effectively end the pandemic this year by accelerating vaccination rates and implementing test to treat strategies everywhere.
- High level opening segment
- Two high level roundtables
- The first roundtable will share experiences and critical actions needed to vaccinate all at-risk populations and healthcare workers on the way to achieving the 70% coverage target.
- The second roundtable will discuss the implementation of effective national test to
treat strategies, including equitable access to new oral antiviral treatments for LMICs.
- High level closing segment: with a call to action to take forward the priority interventions identified for accelerating COVID-19 vaccination and test to treat strategies, while drawing lessons from the pandemic to implement 10 Proposals to Build a Safer World Together.